Thursday, September 3, 2009

A Fantastic First Day!

Claire had her first day of preschool today! She had been going between being really excited about going to school and being really scared about going to school, so I wasn't so sure what we were going to get when the big day came. And, sure enough, she was in scared mode this morning. She hid under our table before we left home and grabbed onto her car seat the whole way there. But once we got to the parking lot, everything changed. She had picked out some candy and markers to take to her teachers, and she was very excited about getting to give them their presents. I think that was the only reason she even got out of the car. She carried one of the presents, marched right on into to the school, found her classroom with no problem, and walked right in--without even a glace at me! She gave the teachers their gifts, put her backpack on its hook, and made a beeline to the fish tank. They had paint set up to work with, too, so she went between the 2 of them, just doing her own thing. I told her I was leaving and she said "bye" and turned right back to the painting. When I picked her up, the first thing she said to me was "I like school. When can I go back?" Yay! And now she's complaining to me that it's not fair that Ms. Amanda, her teacher, gets to go to school tomorrow and she doesn't. Hurray for a great start to the year!

Here she is with her special school breakfast--a banana and "snowy" waffles (waffles with powdered sugar instead of syrup):


Posing before leaving the house. She had to show off her funny faces.





And now giggling about the funny faces.


In the classroom--checking out the fish and painting--the perfect combination!



Here's the happy girl after I picked her up from school. This is the same tree where all of my and Aunt Lou's preschool pictures were taken!


And here's our lunch date at McDonalds. It turned out to be the St Mark's after party spot, so she got to play with more kids and I met a few moms!

2 comments:

Reese&Saige said...

Glad she had a great day! Shes so cute and we miss playing with yall.

simpsontwins said...

So glad she had a good day! I KNOW Mom had a great first day too! :)