Wednesday, October 22, 2008

3 Nights

That's how long Jason and I will be gone from Claire starting tomorrow. It's the longest amount of time both of us together have been away from her, so I should expect myself to be full of worries. But, I'm not. Instead, I absolutely positively CANNOT wait for tomorrow. We're heading out to Napa for a fantastic weekend with each other and some great friends. Katie (my best friend from the first day of kindergarten, as well as my Mexican-adventure companion--you can click here and here for that story) is getting married to a great guy on Friday. We're leaving home tomorrow morning, which should put us at the first winery around 2 PM local time. Friday will be full of wedding fun, but Saturday is ours to play with! We've got lots of reservations at some of the best wineries out there, and we'll finish the weekend off with an extra-special dinner for two. The only down side to all of this is that our plane leaves at midnight Saturday night (or would that be Sunday morning?) and lands in Houston at 5:30 AM. Yuck, yuck, yuck. But, it's a small price to pay for all the fun we're about to have. And I'm sure Claire is going to have quite a few stories to tell us when we get back--Honey and H have all sorts of adventures planned to keep her busy.

0 comments: