Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Turns out I'm one of "those" moms

I had a full day at school yesterday for parent-teacher conferences. Amazingly, every single one of my parents showed up, but lots of them came either significantly earlier than their appointment time, or finally showed up at the end of the day. I kept thinking to myself, "How hard is it to write down what time your conference is so that you don't forget? How irresponsible!"

Well, today was Claire's school's parent-teacher conference day. I had signed up a few weeks ago for a 1:00 appointment, thinking that I would have plenty of time to finish up at school and take care of a few errands on my way over. When I walked into the school, Claire's teacher was standing in the hallway, and exclaimed "THERE she is!" Well, turns out I had forgotten that I changed my conference time to 12:30. And didn't write it down. Oops. (And go ahead, you can say it--how irresponsible!!)

(Everything with the conference went great, by the way--it's not a surprise to us that she's one of the "thinkers" in the class and behaves.)

0 comments: