Friday, September 12, 2008

A Windy Walk

We decided to take Claire and Merc outside for some exercise and a chance to see what our neighbors are doing. Wind gusts have gone up to 20 mph or so, which was almost strong enough to blow Claire away (just kidding). There were lots of people out in their driveways watching their kids play in the street, and we saw only 3 houses with windows boarded up. We also had one of the scariest moments of my life on that walk: As we approached a culdesac with lots of people and dogs, a German shepherd came flying out of nowhere and attacked Merc. I had him on a leash, so I tried to pull him out of the way. I was too late, though, because the other dog had already picked Merc up by the neck, shook him, then threw him down. Jason scooped up Claire, and I screamed, which I think distracted the dog for a split second so that I could get Merc and the dog's owner could catch him. Luckily Merc's fine, but the coward just took his dog inside and closed the door. I even tried to get the guy's name, but he wouldn't talk to me. We have his address, though, and this will definitely not be last he's heard from us. In fact, if you'd like to send him mail, I'd be happy to tell you his address. :) (Jason's not letting me post it, due to "security concerns".)

Anyway, here are some pictures from the walk:

Windy, windy

After the incident--Merc didn't want to walk because the leash was bothering his neck
It's getting closer......

2 comments:

Erica said...

ohmygoodness. that is soooo scary!!!!!!!! glad he is OK and that it wasn't claire!!!!!

J,K&C said...

I know, what if she had been in between them????