Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Back to the land of the living

It's been a tough 7 weeks. We've barely left the house (except to move back in with Honey and H while we took care of some new carpet and paint chemical issues at our house), I haven't returned phone calls, and I even have a going-on-2-months-overdue birthday present staring at me that hasn't made it to the post office (it will come one day, Meredith!). Poor Claire has memorized the TV line up of her favorite channels, and she now tells me "Mommy's tummy hurt" whenever I sit on the couch instead of me having to explain why I can't get up and play at that moment. It's been rough around here. But, things are starting to look up and I'm starting to feel better. And today, we got confirmation that all of this ickiness has been for a good reason:


Claire is going to be a big sister! Hooray! Baby is due sometime around December 20, so it will be either an extra merry Christmas this year, or an extra-uncomfortable-impatiently-waiting Christmas this year. We had our Downs Syndrome ultrasound this morning, and we're waiting to hear the results of the blood test at the end of the week. The ultrasound part of the test went great, though, with Baby measuring exactly in the middle of the range of normal on the graph. You can see Baby sucking his/her fist in the first picture, and Baby showing us his/her dance moves in the second--that blurry part above the tummy is a hand waving. (Sorry they're a bit distorted on here--I'm technically unsavvy with this stuff.)

I have all sorts of pictures to post of Claire's last 2 months, and I'm hoping that I'm getting my energy back to actually work on that. Let's all hope that things are turning the corner around here!

6 comments:

Erica said...

What great pics!!!!! :) :) :) Congrats!!!!!

Reese&Saige said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kellie said...

Look how sweet! I think I see some man bits? No......... I dont know! What a sweet sweet baby.

Kellie said...

Nathan says the ultrasound is earth. ah ah ah ah
I said no Nathan it is Claires baby.....No its earth. ha ha

J,K&C said...

Thanks, E!

When I showed Claire the pictures she got a horrified look on her face. I think she was expecting to see the gerber baby, not a scary black and white fuzzy image.

And as for "man bits" hahaha--the ultrasound tech is predicting girl, but we'll know for sure in about 6 weeks!

Annie said...

Congratulations! How exciting for you and your family!