Monday, June 29, 2009

Music to my ears

I had another doctor's appointment this morning and got to hear the baby's heart beating away! It's always a relief to hear that! But, I also heard something just about as wonderful as that at the appointment, too--the doctor actually called me thin! hahaha I was worried about what she'd say when she looked at my weight gain--I've gained 15 pounds in 15 weeks of being pregnant--but she said it's exactly what I need to do. Yay! So in celebration, Claire and I bought a cookie cake on the way home. We have our appointment for the boy/girl ultrasound set up for the week of July 27--only 4 more weeks to go! And we have another ultrasound set up for Wednesday of this week!

Claire is getting so sweet with the idea of being a big sister. She'll tell random people in the grocery store or library that's she's a big sister, and she gives my tummy the sweetest hugs. She also thinks that my belly button is the portal into the baby, and she's now decided that it's her job to share her drinks with him or her. It's awfully sweet, but not so pleasant to have her pounce on my tummy with her straws. I guess it's the thought that counts, right?

2 comments:

Erica said...

That's great!!!!! (Maybe I'm "thin" too? I've gained about 25 pounds in 25 weeks???) Glad your baby is doing so well!!! The belly button/straw thing is too cute.

Kellie said...

That is sooooooooo sweet!!!! I think you have the best doctor in the world by the way! ha ha haah.